Your volunteering experience doesn’t need to come to an end when summer does. Lots of libraries offer opportunities for young people throughout the year, so you might be able to continue in your existing role or try something new.
- Talk to library staff about what other volunteering opportunities are available for young people in your library
- Ask to be added to the library’s mailing list, so you hear about upcoming opportunities
- Look for a Reading Hack group near you, or set one up yourself
- Talk to your school librarian or your school’s literacy lead about setting Reading Hack up in your school
- Visit www.readinghack.org.uk for hack ideas you can do yourself at home
- Follow @ReadingHackers on Twitter and Instagram to stay updated with our competitions and promotions throughout the year
- Subscribe to the Reading Hack newsletter for competitions, author interviews book club giveaways and more.
Remember, even if you don’t want to keep volunteering, you can become a library member and visit whenever you like. Ask a member of staff how you can find out about upcoming events and activities, and look into what else your library has to offer, such as the Reading Well for Young People scheme.