To celebrate twenty-five years of the Macmillan Children’s Books poetry list, we’ve launched a nationwide competition and two lucky winners will get their hands on a bundle of poetry books!
Can you imagine what might happen in the library when the librarian isn’t there? To enter the competition write a poem using the starter line below:
When the librarian isn’t there . . .
The prolific poet Paul Cookson, who spends most of his time visiting schools, performing his poetry and helping children to write their own poems, will help us judge the entries. There will be two categories: primary, for ages up to eleven, and secondary, for ages twelve and over, with a winner in each category. Macmillan Children’s Books has published Paul for many years, and his latest collection, The Very Best of Paul Cookson: Let No One Steal Your Dreams and Other Poems, is available now.
How to Enter
Closing date: 31st October 2018 at midnight
You can hand in your entry at your library or send it to us directly in one of the following ways:
Macmillan Children’s Books Poetry 25 Competition
c/o Kimberley Sheehan
The Free Word Centre
60 Farringdon Road
Send your poem in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Macmillan Children’s Books Poetry 25 Competition’.
Don’t forget to add your name, age and address!
The two winners will receive a bundle of six age-appropriate poetry books from the Macmillan Children’s Books poetry list. The judge’s decision is final.
Terms and conditions
1. The competition period will start at 9am on 17 September and end at midnight on 31 October. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
2. To enter, entrants should send their entry to Kimberley Sheehan, The Free Word Centre, 60 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3GA or email it with your name, address and age to Kimberley.Sheehan@readingagency.org.uk with the subject line ‘Macmillan Children’s Books Poetry 25 Competition’.
3. The Competition is open to children aged 16 and under on 31 October.
4. The Competition is only open to entrants in the UK.
5. Any contact information will only be used if you are selected as a winner. All entrants data will be kept until the winner has received their prize and within 30 days of the winner being confirmed, the data will be destroyed.
6. There will be one winner.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The Winner will be notified via email. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
9. Macmillan Children’s Books shall not be responsible for any inaccurate contact details provided by Qualifying Entrants/Winners in accordance with paragraph 8 above, which results in the Prize not being delivered.
10. Macmillan Children’s Book’s decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. We are sorry but entries will not be returned.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England.
13. By entering the Competition, you accept these terms and conditions.