Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully, they contain important information about your use of the readinghack.org.uk Website.
1. In these Terms and Conditions ‘our’. ‘we’ or ‘us’ mean readinghack.org.uk (The Reading Agency) as defined below and operated by Read – The Reading Agency (‘The Reading Agency’, Company Number: 03904882, Registered Charity Number: 1085443 and VAT number: 568 4777 78) and ‘you’ and ‘your’ mean the Member (acting in their own personal capacity, or as an organisation, as the context requires).
1. By accessing or using readinghack.org.uk, or by registering to use it, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions as they may be modified and posted on our Website from time to time.
1. By agreeing to our terms and conditions when you sign up to readinghack.org.uk, you are verifying that you are aged 13 years or over.
2. Nature of our Website
1. The website readinghack.org.uk is the online presence of the Reading Hack programme, by the charity The Reading Agency (www.readingagency.org.uk) whose mission is to promote more reading to more people. The Reading Agency develops reading programmes for children, young people and adults and works closely with the UK public library network.
1. We are not obliged to register any person or entity as a Member and we reserve the right to decline to register any person or entity as a Member for any reason whatsoever.
1. In order to participate in and contribute to readinghack.org.uk you agree to (a) provide and maintain accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Website; (b) maintain the security of your Password and © register with a valid email address.
1. You must not let anyone else use your personal registration details and you must not create false or multiple accounts for any reason. You must also not use proxy IP addresses.
2. If we cancel your registration, you will not be allowed to register again.
3. When you cease to be registered you should be aware that any contributions you made to the site will remain visible to the other users.
1. You are solely responsible in all respects for all use of and for protecting the confidentiality of your email verification and password for use on our Website. You may not share these with or transfer them to any third parties. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security regarding our Website that comes to your attention.
4. Using the Website
1. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your Account or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Website will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libellous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. In addition, you agree not to use the Website to:
(a) harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Website by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited communications;
(b) use the Website in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overload or impair the Website or the servers on which it is hosted;
1. use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Website;
1. upload, post, publish, display, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available on the Website any content that we deem:
- to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, libelous, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- to contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to be unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- to be the private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security or National Insurance numbers or other identifiers, credit card numbers and/or debit card numbers;
- to be unclear, unfair or misleading in relation to any goods or services you are attempting to promote or market;
© register for more than one Account, register for an Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for an Account on behalf of any group or entity without that group or entity’s prior written authorisation;
(d) impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity; use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorization from us, or create a false identity on the Website.
(e) solicit personal information from anyone under 13 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
1. You are solely responsible for your Member Content. You may not post, transmit, or share Member Content on the Website that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post. You understand and agree that we may, but we are not obligated to, review the Website and may delete or remove (without notice) any Reading Agency Content or Member Content in our sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, including without limitation Member Content that in our own sole judgement violates any provision(s) of these Terms and Conditions. You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any Member Content you post or store on the Website or provide to us.
1. When you post Member Content to the Website, you authorize and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the Member Content on the Website. By posting Member Content to any part of the Website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such Member Content for any purpose on or in connection with the Website or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Member Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You may remove your Member Content from the Website at any time. If you choose to remove your Member Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that we may retain archived copies of your Member Content.
1. You agree to indemnify and hold us, our subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or in connection with any Member Content that you post or share on or through the Website, any goods or services by you to a Member whether or not that takes place via the Website, your use of the Website, your conduct in connection with the Website or with other users of the Website, or any violation of these Terms and Conditions or of any applicable law, regulation or the rights of any third party.
1. Provided that you are eligible for use of the Website, you grant (in respect of your Member Content), and are granted (in respect of other Member Content), a limited license to access and use the Member Content and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Member Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact. Except for your own Member Content, you may not upload or republish Member Content on any Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or incorporate the information in any other database or compilation, and any other use of the Member Content is strictly prohibited. Such license is subject to these Terms and Conditions and does not include use of any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods. Any use of the Member Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission and that of the Member who owns the Member Content, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause.
1. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
1. As part of your use of readinghack.org.uk, you will be giving us personal information such as your name and email address. We are very careful in how we use and process this data.
h2.6.The Reading Agency content and copyright
1. The Reading Agency Content is owned by us or our licensors and all rights are reserved. Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies to which we may be entitled, any use of The Reading Agency Content otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions entitles us to cancel your Account.
1. Except where otherwise specified, all material on this Website may be used for non-commercial purposes, provided that you credit ‘The Reading Agency’
2. If you would like to use material where additional copyright protection is specified, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. None of the content on the Website, and in particular, neither the Member Content nor The Reading Agency Content, can be relied upon by you or any third party as a guarantee of any particular result, nor does any such content constitute any form of advice, recommendation or endorsement by us, and it is not intended to be relied upon by you as the basis for making (or refraining from making) any specific decision.
1. Due to the number of third party sources from which the Member Content and The Reading Agency Content is obtained and the nature of distribution of data via the Internet, we cannot guarantee, warrant or represent that:
(a) the content on the Website, and in particular, the Member Content and/or The Reading Agency Content, is complete, accurate, up-to-date or error-free;
(b) the Website is virus free or that its operation will be continuous, uninterrupted or error-free.
1. You download the content on the Website, and in particular the Member Content and the The Reading Agency Content, at your own discretion and will be exclusively responsible for any damage to your computer or any lost data that results from you downloading any such content.
1. The Website contains links to other Internet sites and telephone numbers for services provided by others. The availability of such third party sites, services or material does not constitute any form of recommendation, advice, endorsement or publication of any such third party sites, services or material and we are not responsible for their availability or content.
1. We are not responsible or liable in any manner for any Member Content or any content posted on the Website by third parties. Although we provide rules for user conduct and postings, we do not control and are not responsible for what Members or other users post, display, upload, publish transmit or share on the Website and are not responsible for any content that breaches or is of a kind that might breach any provision of these Terms and Conditions. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any Member or other user of the Website.
1. The Website, The Reading Agency content and all other content on the Website are provided ‘as-is’ and we disclaim any and all representations and warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of title, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. We cannot guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the Website or any content on it. We do nor represent or warrant that software, content or materials on the site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free or that the Website or its servers, or any software applications are free of viruses or other harmful components. Therefore, you should exercise caution in the use and downloading of any such software, content or materials and use industry-recognised software to detect and disinfect viruses. Without limiting the foregoing, you understand and agree that you download or otherwise obtain content, material, data or software (including any mobile client) from or through the service and any platform applications at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for your use thereof and any damages to your device or computer system, loss of data or other harm of any kind that may result.
1. We reserve the right to change any and all content, software and other items used or contained in the Website offered through the Website at any time without notice.
1. We shall only be liable for foreseeable loss or damage arising directly out of our own breaches of these Terms and Conditions, negligence or wilful misconduct.
1. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with:
(a) Any error or inaccuracy in the data entered by you or any other member;
(b) Loss of any business profits or the opportunity to make business profits. This Website is designed for non-commercial, not-for-profit use only;
© Loss of reputation. We do our very best to ensure that no inappropriate content ends up on our Website but, by its nature, we cannot be responsible for what other people write;
(d) Loss of data or damage to your computer. We cannot guarantee that any material on our Website will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties;
(e) Loss which is not a reasonably foreseeable result of our breach. Something is ‘foreseeable’ if it could be contemplated by you at the time you register as a user on readingagency.org.uk as a likely result of our breach. It is likely that ‘non-foreseeable’ loss will be things that happens as a side effect of the main breach;
1. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use our Website and is compatible with our Website. You also understand that you are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to protect your particular computer system.
2. The limitations and exclusions in this clause do not affect your statutory rights.
1. Nothing in this clause excludes liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
1. We may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new version on our Website, following which all use of our Website will be governed by that version. We will do our best to notify you in advance of the changes.
1. If any provision or term of these terms and conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from the other terms and conditions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them.
1. These terms and conditions and your use of our Website are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
1. Neither you nor we will be held liable for any failure to perform any obligation to the other due to causes beyond your or The Reading Agency’s respective reasonable control.
1. Failure or delay by either party enforcing an obligation or exercising a right under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that obligation or right.
1. These terms and conditions do not confer any rights on any person or party (other than you and/or us) pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
1. Our Website is controlled and operated by us from our offices in England.
1. We have sought to ensure that our Website complies with the laws of England and Wales. However, we make no representations that the materials on our Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside England and Wales. Those who visit our Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If use of our Website and/or viewing of it, or use of any material or content on our Website or services are contrary to or infringe any applicable law in your jurisdiction, you are not authorised to view or use our Website and you must exit immediately.
1. These terms and conditions replace all other terms and conditions previously applicable to the use of our Website.